Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #6


 


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 

Hey Guys,
 I hope Everyones having a Fantastic week?
 Me? I am very excited for this weeks releases! I'm especially excited for Solstice By: P.J. Hoover, that should be arriving in the mail TODAY! I can't wait!
Anyways, this weeks teaser is from
The Registry,
that is surprisingly really good so far, even though some of the things I'm reading I don't find plausible, but its still entertaining! 


 Here is my Teaser Tuesday!

The Registry 
By: Shannon Stoker


The RegistryTitle:The Registry
Series: The Registry
Author:

Genre: YA, Dystopia,
Published: June 11th 2013 




The Registry saved the country from collapse. But stability has come at a price. In this patriotic new America, girls are raised to be brides, sold at auction to the highest bidder. Boys are raised to be soldiers, trained by the state to fight to their death.

Nearly eighteen, beautiful Mia Morrissey excitedly awaits the beginning of her auction year. But a warning from her married older sister raises dangerous thoughts. Now, instead of going up on the block, Mia is going to escape to Mexico—and the promise of freedom.

All Mia wants is to control her own destiny—a brave and daring choice that will transform her into an enemy of the state, pursued by powerful government agents, ruthless bounty hunters, and a cunning man determined to own her . . . a man who will stop at nothing to get her back.



New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction



 Teaser One

Chapter 12 Pg.60

Girls should take care not to grow inappropriately attached to anyone in their lives. The only relationship that matters is that between husband and wife. Once that bond is created there is no reason to miss any part of your previous life.
 -The Registry Guide For Girls

Like that'll Ever Happen!

TeaserTwo

Chapter 23 Pg. 106

To a certain extent, men are expected to govern themselves. This includes dispensing punishment to those who have wronged one. A victim always has an option of sentencing the perpetrator of the crime to privare punishment.
  -The Boy's Guide To Service

Yeah, In WHAT Life Time?


So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From The Registry?


  Thanks for stopping by! Do You Have A Tuesday Teaser? If So, Link Me Up So I Can Check Out Your TT!

Look Out For My Review Of The Registry Coming This Week!

3 comments:

  1. The story has an interesting (but also scary) premise...and I really like the teasers. Enjoy!

    Here's my Tuesday Intro/Teaser: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-18-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I haven't heard of this book until now! It does sound really good though so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting premise for a book. Good teasers.
    My Teaser is from THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)