Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #4




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Hello Everyone,
I hope you Guy's are having a FANTASTIC week?
I know I am! I'm SO EXCITED about the books releasing today! I can't wait to get my hand of them! Though, I will have to wait until Thursday to read them B/C I ordered physical copies through Amazon, and they won't be here until Thursday! :(  
Anyways, This weeks Teaser is from a book that's been out for a while now, but of course I'm ALWAYS the last to read them!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday
 


Defiance (Defiance, #1)
Title: Defiance 
Series: Defiance #1  
Author: C.J. Redwine 
Genre: YA, Dystopia,
Published: August 28th 2012


 

 Defiance by C. J. Redwine is rich postapocalyptic YA fantasy perfect for fans of Graceling and Tamora Pierce.

While the other girls in the walled city-state of Baalboden learn to sew and dance, Rachel Adams learns to track and hunt. While they bend like reeds to the will of their male Protectors, she uses hers for sparring practice.

When Rachel's father fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the city's brutal Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector: her father's apprentice, Logan—the boy she declared her love to and who turned her down two years before. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father's survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can't be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making

 
 
New Adult AddictionNew Adult Addiction


 "Teaser One"

Page. 209

The Cursed One coils its body along the ground and pulls itself from the hole it created. Up close, it looks like a giant wingless dragon covered in thick interlocking black scales with a tail the length of two grown men lying end to end and a ridge of webbed spikes running along its back. Thick yellow claws protrude from its muscled limbs.

 "Teaser 2"

 Page. 121

She speaks around gritted teeth. "And what kind of woman do you think I am, Logan McEntire"?
 I snap right back at her. "Confident, Strong. Capable. Stunning. An equal partner in this endeavor in every sense of the word"


There you have it, My Tuesday Teaser from Defiance!

I'm enjoying this book so far. I'll be finished this afternoon, So be on the look out for my review coming this week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Do You Have A Tuesday Teaser? If So, Link Me Up So I Can Check Out Your TT! :-)
 

11 comments:

  1. Love your Teasers and the cover too. Sounds like a spell-binding book!
    My Teaser is from THE COMEBACK KISS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a good book, filled with action, adventure, and fight for survival! If you ever get time you should check it out! :)

      You had a really Cute Teaser! Thanks for stopping by & Commenting on my TT. :-)

      Delete
  2. Great teasers! The cover of this book looks really beautiful:)

    My TT (Scarlet):
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's still on my shelf waiting to be picked up and savoured, so I'm glad you're liking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick it up! Believe me you'll love it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by & Commenting on my TT. :-)

      Delete
  4. Like the second teaser best-who wouldn't want a guy like that?

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/06/4-varied-tuesday-teasers-funny-scary.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I want a guy to talk to me like that...lol! I liked your TT too.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these great teaser!
    Here's my teaser for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thanks for sharing yours too. I loved your teaser! GREAT Teasers! :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds very interesting. My kind of book. Thanks

    http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/teaser-tuesday-june-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ineresting teaser. and i love the cover of the book :)

    my teaser tuesday
    http://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/teaser-tuesday-june-4-2013/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)