Friday, June 21, 2013

REVIEW: AFTER THE FEAR



 AFTER THE FEAR REVIEW




After the Fear 

You have not attended a Demonstration this month.

In Sola’s city, everyone obeys the rules. Stay away from the trigger cameras and regularly update your Debtbook, and you just might survive. But having to watch the way criminals are dealt with—murdered by Demonstrators in the Stadium—is a law Sola tries to avoid. When a charming Demonstrator kisses her at a party, however, she’s thrust into the Stadium and forced into the very role she despises.

Armed with only natural resourcefulness and a caring nature, Sola narrowly survives her first bout. Her small success means she’s whisked off to a training camp, where she discovers a world beyond the trigger cameras and monitoring—a world where falling in love with a killer doesn’t seem so terrible.

Yet life as a Demonstrator has no peace. Sola must train her way through twenty-five more Demonstrations before she can return home to her father. At the end of each battle, only one survivor remains.

Sola could face anyone in the Stadium . . . even a loved one.


 { Goodreads } { Amazon }


REVIEW


"ALERT" "CALLING ALL HUNGER GAMES FAN'S! THIS ONES FOR YOU"!

Words can't describe how many different ways I LOVE THIS BOOK! I mean seriously, this book had me mesmerized! First I have to give Rosanne the amazing author of this book a lot of praise for the wonderful job she has done with this! She has an amazing way with drawing the reader in and building such a believable world! It was so entertaining and suspenseful that it was hard for me to get any sleep at night because I just couldn't put it down! This book has twist and turns around every corner. The plot was definitely well thought out and very convincing. The character development was amazing!


Okay, So here's the plot!

The Nation has fallen! They owe so much money to so many other Countries that they can't afford to pay it back, Billions to each! So the Shepherds, the rulers of their Nation come up with the idea of how to pay back the Nation's Debt. It's nothing anyone could have thought! The citizens will have to fight criminals to the death, and only one can survive! Yeah, you heard me right! They choose a certain amount of people from each City every month and they are forced into a demonstration tour that consist of 25 different fights to the death. Oh, that is if they survive the initial fight called the "Tryout's". That's where everyone that was picked at the same time have to fight in teams, and only one team can survive. So if you surprisingly survive the "Tryout's" then you go into training until your trainer approves you to start your demonstration tour. Then, and only then do you start the fight of your life! And if by the grace of god you survive ALL 25 different rounds then you are awarded with the right to to have "Paid The Nation's Debt" and no longer have to kill to live! So in other words your free to go home an live your life! Whatever life you could possible have after killing so many people!

So when I say the Nation's has fallen, I mean that it has fallen to the most despicable ways a nation can! But if the nations debt is not paid, then the countries will be at war, and many, if not ALL the Nations Citizens will die fighting in war! So the debt has to be paid one way, or another!

So this is how a girl named Sola has to pay her debt back to the nation. She has to go through 25 different fights with any number of criminals chosen for that day, if she wants to survive this and go home. So what's a girl to do when it's either kill, or be killed! She KILLS!

The main character Sola is tough as nails, and never gives up, even when a lot of us would have. She can be fierce when need be But she can also have a heart a gold. She would do anything for the ones she loves and she would kill the ones that she has too to stay alive! BUT not without feeling remorse.

This is MUST READ for anyone who likes action, adventure, killing, blood, gore, and a touch of romance! If you like all them things then this book is definitely for you!

I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of this book. It had me hooked from the first chapter to the last! Kept my attention and never lost it! I can't wait for the sequel to see what else is in store for this series! I know that whatever Rosanne has in planned it's going to be AMAZING just like this one was! I definitely give this book 5 stars but it's worth so much more then that! Check it out you won't be sorry, I wasn't! :-)
 5 Stars
 5stars


3 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia, I loved this book too! (you can find my review on my blog http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-lives.blogspot.co.uk/)I found it purely by accident and am so glad I did! I felt that the characters were real in a way that some authors can't accomplish, and the dystopian setting was better developed than most! I'm a huge fan of dystopian fiction, there are reviews of less well known ones on my blog, so if you're looking for something different you should check those out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah.. I had no heard of this one but I have now and I am on the lookout for a copy. It sounds awesome. Like a YA version of Gladiator with a chick instead of Russell Crow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe I have bot read this book yet. I definitely am going to now... Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)