Thursday, May 23, 2013

What's Next # 6




What's Next? Hosted by IceyBooks


What's Next 
is a weekly event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up! 

Hello Everyone,
Hows everybody's week been?
Well, I have been on a serious Dystopian kick for the last couple of weeks. But I guess that's due to the numerous amount of Great Dystopian books that's been releasing! 
So this week I have 3 Dystopian books that I bought, and have to choose from. 
But they ALL look so good, HOW can I choose!



So if you can help me out, leave a comment and let me know which one you think I should read next? :)

Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)



 Sixteen-year-old Jelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.

And that was before she died...and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet.



 New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction  New Adult Addiction
The Program (The Program, #1) 
 In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.




New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction
 
  By: Sherri L. Smith


  
Orleans
 First came the storms.
Then came the Fever.
And the Wall.


After a string of devastating hurricanes and a severe outbreak of Delta Fever, the Gulf Coast has been quarantined. Years later, residents of the Outer States are under the assumption that life in the Delta is all but extinct… but in reality, a new primitive society has been born.

Fen de la Guerre is living with the O-Positive blood tribe in the Delta when they are ambushed. Left with her tribe leader’s newborn, Fen is determined to get the baby to a better life over the wall before her blood becomes tainted. Fen meets Daniel, a scientist from the Outer States who has snuck into the Delta illegally. Brought together by chance, kept together by danger, Fen and Daniel navigate the wasteland of Orleans. In the end, they are each other’s last hope for survival.

Sherri L. Smith delivers an expertly crafted story about a fierce heroine whose powerful voice and firm determination will stay with you long after you’ve turned the last page.



 
New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction


These are just SOME of the books that I have in mind for this week.
What would you choose?
 

Leave me a comment & tell me which one you think I should read next!
 Link me up so I can what's Next for you! :)



8 comments:

  1. Unraveling! That book will get your heart pounding! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard that about Unraveling! I don't know why I've waited so long to check it out! I'm gonna started somewhere in the near future, maybe even my next read.

      Thanks for Stopping by & Commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be reading it very soon, if not next! I'll be doing a giveaway for it soon, So make sure you stop back by for it! :)

      Thanks for Stopping by & Commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have heard GREAT things about Unraveling! I'll be doing a giveaway for it soon, So make sure you stop back by for it! :)

      Delete
  4. The Program was really good. I haven't read the other books, so I can't compare them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I read the first 2 chapters of The Program when it arrived, and was immediately swept away by the writing and the world these kids live in, & what they have to go through! But, I was reading another book, So I had to put it up for another time! :(

      Thanks for Stopping by & Commenting, Ruth! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)