Thursday, May 16, 2013

What's Next #5


What's Next? Hosted by IceyBooks

What's Next 
is a weekly event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!


Hello Everyone,
Hows everybody's week?
Well, I have gone crazy with buying and excepting books for review. My TBR reading pile is overflowing. So I was hoping to knock out a lot of book this week! But I can't decide What I should read next!

So if you can help me out, leave a comment and let me know which one you think I should read next out of the books I picked! :)

Okay, So here are just a few books that are at the top of my TBR Reading Pile.


This book has been at the top of my TBR reading pile for a long time, and I finally bought the book! I can't wait to read it~!


 
By: Aimee Carter



The Goddess Test



 Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
 
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

 If she fails...
        
 New Adult Addiction  New Adult Addiction  New Adult Addiction



This book has been out for a while, but I just bought the bookSo I'm eager to check it out~!


 Something Strange and Deadly
By: Susan Dennard
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) 

The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.



 New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction  New Adult Addiction



I read the first book in this series and LOVED it! I received a ARC, so can't wait to read this one, sometime soon!

Advance Reader Copy
Publication: June 18th 2013 

 
The Return (Witch Hunter Saga #2) 
 I've wandered my afterlife believing that I was the monster my maker told me I was. It was the only thing I knew. Not even my brother, Sam, could convince me otherwise.

Not until her. Not until Aya. She walked into my life like a hurricane of destruction and nothing would ever be the same again. None of us could have known what would happen next. What fate had in store...
I finally grew a heart, only to have it ripped out.

Now, I will stop at nothing for revenge.


Zac's afterlife is just going from bad to worse. He grew a heart only to have it torn out by the founding vampire, Arturius.

Nobody is sure what he wants, but Zac doesn't want to know. He's more interested in finding a way to end him for good. But, it might just be that he's after Gabby, who's harbouring a secret of her own, one that Arturius would do anything for.

Aya's past will come back to haunt Zac in ways he never thought possible and what he finds out will alter everything he ever knew about her. He will uncover a deadly secret that should have remained buried. A secret Aya has fought to keep for thousands of years. One she has killed for.
In the end, who's secrets will betray them to the one man who wants them all dead? Aya's or Zac's?

They'll need to figure it out sooner rather than later, because death is not an option.



 New Adult Addiction    



These are just SOME of the books that I have in mind for this week.
What would you choose?
 

Leave me a comment & tell me which one you think I should read next!
 Link me up so I can what's Next for you! :)

5 comments:

  1. I loved the Goddess Test series but be prepared you won't be able to stop after reading the first book -- you'll want to get the rest of the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...lol! I've heard that before with the Goddess Test. Once you start it you won't stop until you read the whole series! :)

    That's the problem, I have so many review books need to be done asap, and I don't think I can put a whole series before them!

    Errr, that's what happens when their SO MANY good books are out!

    Thanks for stopping by & Commenting Ruth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know I've been wanting to read Something Strange and Deadly for a while! You have good picks too.

      Thanks for stopping by & Commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. I vote for Something Strange and Deadly!! I've heard so many raving reviews for it and I've been meaning to read it for quite some time too :) The Goddess Test wasn't THE BEST read for me, and it fell short of my expectations but maybe it's just me haha.

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)