Wednesday, May 15, 2013


By: Amy Tintera


Reboot (Reboot, #1)
  Title: Reboot 
  Series:  Reboot #1
  Author: Amy Tintera
  Genre: YA, Dystopia
  Published: May 7, 2013

 


Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders!


My Review

Reboot is defentely one of my new favorite Dystopia Books!
I was hooked from the first page to the last! When it was over I wanted more of Reboot, and the world that Amy Tintera has created!
 
The writing was captivating, and this being this authors first published book was very surprising because of how well it was written! It blew me away! The plot was amazing, had me staying up late, glued to the pages, & craving more!

The world building was very unique, but at the same time had a similar feel to Divergent. But it was nothing like Divergent, their was just certain parts that had me comparing it to Divergent, or reminded me of it! But, really it was totally different!

The author defentely takes a unique way on the whole Zombie/Vampire rising from the dead type thing! I LOVED IT! Usually we read about the mindless, flesh-craving, monsters, that only want to eat you from the inside out! But Amy, the amazing author has found a way to have both! We have a couple of the mindless zombies running around sometimes, but they are induced and controlled with medicine ( I don't want to say more b/c I would spoil it). Then we have the Reboot, the person that rises from the dead, but can think and function, just with little or no emotion. The longer the Reboot was dead, the less humanity they have!  But their stronger, faster, and can take pretty much as many bullets as you can throw at them! Well, as long as their not shot in the head, then their dead for good this time! They reminded me more of Vampires, then of Zombies, just without the whole needing to suck you dry type thing. They do need human food to keep up their energy, if not they become weak, and pretty much useless until they get food.

When the dead started to rising, the humans bound together to form an army to fight the dead that rose. The Reboots were way outnumbered, so they lost the war with the humans. With the humans now in power, and the Reboots under their control, they decided that the Reboots were better use to them alive then dead! So instead of killing all the Reboots, they decided to allow them to live, in exchange for the Reboots to do all their dirty work!  The Reboots are pretty much slaves to the humans. The HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation) is the ones that have control over them. They ONLY allow kids/teenagers to Reboot. All the adults get bullet in the head! They say the kids are easier to brainwash & control.

The Reboots are forced to go out into the streets, with tracking devices that are inserted somewhere in their body that is unknown to them, with armed guards at their side, incase they decide to make a run for it or get out of line. Their job is to find, capture, or kill criminals, or other Reboots that have managed to escape, and/or sick humans that might further spread the virus or Reboot when they died! 

The Plot

When the book starts off, were thrown into a fast paced-action scene that had me on the edge of my seat!

Wren is 178, the longest person to stay dead before rising again! She was dead for 178 minutes,  they say she is the most deadly for that. She's strong, fast, well-trained and willing to kill anyone the HARC ask, without questions. But most of all, she NEVER fails her assignments to kill or capture! She is the perfect solider! That is until the newbies arrive, and Wren decides to train a 22. A new Reboot that was only dead for 22 minutes, and that's nothing to Wren's 1 7 8. He's still practically human, with most, if not ALL his human emotions, and is physically not up to Reboot status! Wren's defentely got her work cut out for her in training this 22, that is until she starts to develop these weird things that she's never felt, and can't explain. She wants to smile and laugh when she's around this boy, then she stats to feel this knot in her stomach when she beats the crap out of him. What's that called, oh, right, guilt!  Something Wren has never felt before, and doesn't understand why this newbie makes her feel things she's never felt! 
But she just might like it!

After that it's non-stop action and adventure, as Wren 178 and Caullm 22, discover who they are, and what their capable of. But most important, they just found something worth fighting for, each other! 

Wren & Callum will have to fight not only their freedom but their lives too! Times running out, and if the don't get out of the prison soon they both might not make it out alive!


 This was BRILLIANTLY done, and I was really surprised something like this was not wrote sooner! I LOVED every minute of this book, and was sad to see it end. And having to wait a whole another year for the second book will be torture, that I don't know how I'm going to live through! If you haven't read this book yet, then you need too, because your really missing out!
  
5stars
 5 Stars

       

5 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG, this sounds so good. I want to get it now. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is REALLY good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! :)

      Delete
  2. I need to read this one already. I actually had a copy from the library a while back, but things happened and I never had the chance to read it. I think it is high time that I go back to that library and bring this one home again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was debating whether to read this or not, but I just bought it and I'm glad I did. You make it sound so good! I like the whole dead and back thing. I was afraid the live would overshadow the plot but I like the whole discovering themselves thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was debating whether to read this or not, but I just bought it and I'm glad I did. You make it sound so good! I like the whole dead and back thing. I was afraid the live would overshadow the plot but I like the whole discovering themselves thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)