Friday, May 3, 2013

The Eternity Cure Review




The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one one rule left: Blood Calls to blood.

Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire, Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what she finds there will the change the world forever - and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago - deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries. If Allie can get to him in time...


 



Where do I start with this book? How can I put these mixed feeling into words?

I had so many feeling while reading this book! It was like my emotions were on a roller coaster. One minute I was happy, ready to burst with joy, then the next something devastating would happen, and I would feel like screaming or crying! If you read this book then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! Their was so much happening that left me on edge, with my emotions roaring!

The writing was excellent, as always with Julie. The descriptive was over the top. I could literally see and feel the book as I was reading it. I felt part of what I was reading, thanks to Julie's wonderful writing!

The plot was great, but at the same time not what I expected when settling down to start this book. There was surprises around every corner, which I LOVED! There were times I was left speechless, with my mouth hanging open! I must say that I really did enjoy this book very much! BUT

I did like Immortal Rules More! Why, I really don't know. Maybe it was the pacing of this book, which was REALLY SLOW STARTING! That was probably the ONLY part that was slow! The rest of the book zoomed by, with non-stop action and adventure around every corner! I'm guessing the slow start was to ease the reader back into Allie and Allie's world. And what the purpose of the book would be and to remember who and how Allie was! But I felt if Julie would of speedup the beginning a little bit more that this book could of been off the charts! Not that it wasn't great because it was, but it would of been better with faster pacing in the beginning! BUT I still LOVED IT!

Okay, Now To The Plot:

This book picks up a couple months after the first book Immortal Rules. Allie is in search for her Sire. She hears his screams and cry's in her dreams, begging to be put out of his miseries, begging for his life to be ended! He is being tortured by the crazed Master Vampire Sarren! Sarren and the other Master Vampires tend to make Kanin pay for is crimes! But Allie doesn't care what her Sire did. She know the real Kanin , and know what he did was a mistake. And she is determined to find her Sire and stop his torture at ALL cost!

After leaving behind her past, and everything in it, the day she left Eden. The day Allie said goodbye to the only boy she's ever loved. But she knows a human and vampire can never be. Zeke and the others are now safe in Eden, the ONLY, ALL human civilization left. She can now focus on the problem at hand, finding her Sire and stopping his pain, his call for help!

But what Allie finds on her journey, she never would of believed! Her blood-brother Jackal, the one she tried to kill and failed, after he tortured and killed Zeke's family will become her unlikely ally. Through the blood call she and Jackal share by both being Sired by Kanin. They are brought together with the common goals in mind, find Kanin and stop his torture, and find a cure to end Rabidism! So stronger together then separate, they put their differences aside to save their Sire and stop Sarren and find the cure in time!

But when Allie's past comes back to bit her, she is faced with much more then she could of imagined! She must fight for not only her survival, but the rest of the Human and Vampire Population! Their is a new strain of the Red Lung virus that is turning regular humans insane, driving them mad, with the extreme desire to kill anything in their paths! But their disease is not only contagious to humans, but to vampires alike! Their all in danger of contracting the virus if Sarren is not stopped, and a cure is not found!

So with time running out, Allie must find and save her Sire, while dealing with a past she thought she left beyond, if she going to be able to stop Sarrne and find a cure before it spreads to the rest of the the Human and Vampire Population! But things are never easy for Allie, and when she thinks the end is near she finds out that it was only the beginning!

We get to see more of Zeke in this book, which I was happy to see. I liked Zeke from the first book. But in this book we get a whole new Zeke, that I really liked a lot more! He is more understanding with the world around him, especially vampires, which he despised in the first book! He is stronger, faster and determined to get Allie through this mess to make things work between them. No matter the human vampire differences. He loves Allie and knows she feels the same way. So he's determined to find a way to make it work, even if Allie herself is unsure of it. I admired Zeke for that, and all the other things he has and will do, for not only his own people, but vampires alike!

And Jackal, I mean who can NOT LOVE Jackal in this book! If you haven't read the book yet your probably thinking, WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY? No, I'm not crazy! Jackal made this book, in my eyes. He is still the same old Jackal from Immortal Rules, but this time he's on the same side as Allie and the ones with her (I Don't Want To Give Spoiler's). But he does care for his group after going through all that they went through, he shows it numores times. BUT he does it in Jackal's way, which is arrogant, bossy, and strait forward with no-cut corners, and he is SO dam funny! He had be cracking up almost the whole book! He would just say the funniest things and mean them! But when it came time to have their backs he was there! Kind of hard to imagine from the last book, how Jackal was dead set on destroying them! But he definitely made this book come alive! I don't know how Julie would of made it as good as she did without him!

So my overall feel for this book is that I loved it even with the slow start, and not feeling that it was as good as Immortal Rules. BUT still pretty dam AMAZING! If this book did not have such a slow start it would have been perfect, but I feel I can't give it 5 stars like I really, really, want too because of it! So, I was torn between giving this book 4 or 4.5 stars but in the end I decided on giving it 4.5 Stars because it was just all around amazing, even with the slow start! At the end we have one HELL of a cliffhanger that will have me on my toes waiting for the next installment in the series! It just won't come fast enough! This is definitely

A MUST-READ, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!

4.5 Stars
 

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like this book is an emotional roller coaster! I haven't read Immortal Rules, but I have it waiting on my Kindle waiting to be read. Perhaps I should.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, this book was an emotional roller coaster & it was AMAZING! You really need to check out Immortal Rules b/c it ROCKED MY WORLD, literately! it was better then The Eternity Cure (In My Opinion). I would defentely knock it up a couple notches on my TBR shelf!

    Thanks for stopping by & commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I liked seeing the new Zeke too. And the addition of Jackal? Perfect, I loved the sibling dysfunction. The cliffhanger? So cruel of Kagawa to do that to us. Are you as eager for The Forever Song as I am?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this book too! And yes, Jackal was a surprise on this book, I didn't think I'd come to like his sassy, no one messes with me attitude but I do.And the ending was a total cliffhanger. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I love this version of the cover. It is awesome! And I really seriously need to read this series already. It seems like a rare thing nowadays when a second in a series book gets awesome reviews for the most part. And now that we are closer to the final book releasing, I think it is high time that I start this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ending was so...confusing. But I am definitely curious about the next book in this series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some books that make you feel every emotion that the characters feel and according to your review this one is too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved this series! I am glad that I was able to read them back-to-back. I do have to say that the shocker in the 3rd book was not a shock to me, I had figured it out, but that did not detract from my enjoyment of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)