Friday, April 26, 2013



Review Of Book 1


Wisteria (Wisteria, #1) 


 Sixteen year old Wisteria Kuti has two options—track the infected around the Isle of Smythe or leave the only known safe haven and face a world infested with flesh eating biters. But even with well-armed trackers, things go wrong and Wisteria ends up alone facing certain death, until she is rescued by the mysterious Bach. Uninfected, Bach is able to survive among the hordes of living dead.

Eighteen year old Bach, from a race known as The Family, has no interest in human affairs. He was sent here to complete his Great Walk and return home as a man—as a Sen Son. The Family regard humans as Dirt People, but Bach is drawn to this Terran girl, whom he has never seen before, but somehow knows.

Hunted by flesh eaters, cannibals, and the mysterious blood thirsty group called Red Phoenix, Wisteria and Bach make their way back to the Isle of Smythe, a community built on secrets and lies.




My Review



First I have to say this novel has left me speechless!
I have NEVER felt a thrill, like I did when reading this novel! This book had me on the edge of my seat with NON-STOP action, adventure, and drama, that I Craved for! Their was SO MANY twist and turns that I NEVER seen coming and was SO MANY parts that absolutely BLOW MY MIND! 
I was turning the pages faster then I could read them because I wanted, NO I NEED MORE and I had to know what happened next!

 I haven't found too many books that made me feel like Wisteria made me feel! When I was finished reading the first book and I went to bed, I could NOT get this book off my mind! I kept replaying everything over and over, and I wanted to get up at 2am and start reading the second book! That's how much I craved for MORE!

When I first read the description I thought it sounded good, but like every other Zombie Apocalypse book. But since I LOVE Zombie Apocalypse books, I decided to read it, and I am SO glad I did because this book is SO MUCH different then another Zombie Apocalypse book out there! Bisi Leyton the author of this book has brought something new and original the the Zombie Apocalypse books, that will have readers craving more!


The Plot:

A Plague has swept across the world and has taken out about 80% of the human population, and turned them into mindless blood thirsty, flesh craving animals, that want to eat you from the inside out! With only small numbers of  uninfected humans left, SOME humans have bound together to create settlements that are semi safe for humans to live without the infected trying tear them apart every chance they get! With pretty much nothing left and very limited food source, some humans have gone crazy and turned into cannibals that will befriend you, only to eat you when you least suspect it! But not ALL humans, and human settlements are like that.

On the Isle of Smythe survivors come together to create a walled safe haven for the uninfected. Everyone is expected to pull their weight and if not they are tossed out of their community and into the infected! They need to have rules and order so their settlement can thrive. Otherwise their would be no order and everyone would be out for themselves. And we all know it won't end well that way! So everyone must pull their own weight and work together if they are going to survive! 

Wisteria, a 16 year old girl is trying to get by by following the rules, doing as she told, and staying off the major and the soldiers radar! She goes to school by day, being picked on and shunned by her fellow classmates, and by night she works with her mother and the other trackers, tracking the movements of the infected, getting samples from the biters (The Zombies) so the scientist can try and find a cure. Also by going outside of the walls to get what is needed and to lower the numbers of the biters by Curing them (Killing them) as they call it! Wisteria is okay with her job by night, she wants to learn how to take care of herself, and what a better way then going out and facing the worst possible thing out there, the zombies!
 Or So She Thought....

Bach is on his Great Walk, a thousand day experience away from home. He decided to leave his realm and complete his Great Walk in the human/Terran world. Bach is not human, he is a famila from a different realm. They feel that they are Superior to humans, and that ALL humans are dirt people and worse then the biters! Bach has decide to do his Great Walk here in human/Terran world because he wants to watch the human/Terran world (Terran is what Bach and his people call humans) suffer and die from the Nero Disease (The Zombie Infection)! As a young child Bach and his mother were tortured, beaten, and experimented on, and finally his mother was killed by humans/Terrans, and he HATES ALL humans and everything they represent for what they did to him and his mother! He wants to see this world die and suffer they way that he and his deceased mother did! The famila are much stronger and faster then humans/Terrans and they can turn humans/Terrans into Thayns. Thayns or Sleepwalkers as the humans call it, is when a famila shows them a card and asks that person what their greatest desire is. And when they answer with their greatest desire, the card shows them what they want, and then they are turned into Thayns. They only live to serve and please their Liege and other famila! Only a handful of humans know of the famila's existence, and they are the ones called The Red Phoenix. The Red Phoenix are a group of assassins hell bent on destroying the famila and have inquired plants and other poisonous things that are dangerous and lethal to the famila to use as weapons against them. They are searching for famila on earth and a way to get into their realm!


So when Wisteria and Bach's lives collide, they NEVER thought that they would feel drawn to each other, like they know each other, a connection that they can't explain and refuses to tell the other about! Especially Bach, with his hatefulness towards the humans/terrans. It makes him sick that he feels this way toward Wisteria, and doesn't know why! Together they experience many painful events and separation, and when the truth is revealed it will BLOW YOUR MIND!

This is A MUST READ for anyone that loves zombies, other supernaturals, adventure, action, and AMAZING TWIST!

 I LOVED every minute of this book and I am SO GLAD that the second and third book is already released along with short stories too! This is one YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!

5 Stars 



Check Out How It All Started In The Rest Of The Series

 Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)       Myopia (Wisteria, #2)      Aporia (Wisteria Series, #3) 
{ Book 1 }   { Book 2 }   { Book 3 }

Paranoia (Wisteria, #2.1)       Criteria (Wisteria Series, ...
{ 2.1 }         { 3.1 }







6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear this one was good. I just bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED it! I love Zombie Apocalypse books, and this was unlike any other one I have read! It had so many twist and turns that I couldn't keep up! And the end will blow your mind! Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a good book! I might have to read and review it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ruth, It is Good! I LOVED it! One of my ALL-TIME favorites! You should check it out when your reading pile slows down. :) I know my TBR reading pile is overflowing!

      Delete
  3. First off, that cover is absolutely stunning! I love it. And it sounds so good. I love books with non-stop action. Plus books with zombies and what sounds like vamps! Cannibals! A romance! Yeah, I think this is a book I would like to check out. It sounds fantastic. And your review makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soooo much for reviewing my book! I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)