Friday, April 19, 2013

What's Next #1

What's Next? Hosted by IceyBooks

 
This is my first What's Next Blog Participation! I am ALWAYS on the fence about What's Next to read, so I figured I can join in and you can tell me what I should read next. Since it's always so hard for me to choose with all those good books out there! Leave a comment and let me know!
 
 
   

The Selection               
                                                         By:

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


  
 
Wither               
 
 
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children. When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?

Together with one of Linden's servants, Gabriel, Rhine attempts to escape just before her seventeenth birthday. But in a world that continues to spiral into anarchy, is there any hope for freedom?

 
 
Glitch               


 
Glitch (Glitch, #1)In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.
 
 
What Should I Read Next?
 
 Leave A comment And let Me Know, And I Might Just Read It Next! :)
 

4 comments:

  1. I've read Wither & The Selection. I'd go with Wither since you can finish the series and I really loved reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've been DYING to read Wither. Thanks, I think I'll take you up on that! :)

      Delete
  2. I think Glitch looks good! Hope you are enjoying whatever you selected. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Glitch does sound really! I want to read them ALL at the same time...lol! But that's not possible...So I will have to choose soon!

      Thanks for commenting & Following. I followed you back via GFC: Alicia Batista :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)