Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kiss Of Fire Blog Tour


                                Kiss Of Fire



KissofFireBanner



                                                                By: Rebecca Ethington
                                                              


Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000038_00071]







  Joclyn Despain has a scar. In fact, it is almost like a brand on her skin. She doesn’t know why it appeared on her neck, but she doesn’t want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland, who knows everything else about her. The scar is the reason she hides herself behind baggy clothes, and won’t let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to.
The scar is the reason she is being hunted.
If only she knew that she was.
If only she had known that the cursed stone her estranged father sent for her 16th birthday would trigger a change in her. Now, she is being stalked by a tall blonde man, and is miraculously throwing her high school bully ten feet in the air.
Joclyn attempts to find some answers and the courage to follow her heart. When Ryland finds her scar; but he knows what it means, and who will kill her because of it.

About the Author

mom and alice
Rebecca Ethington has been telling stories since she was small. First, with writing crude scripts, and then on stage with years of theatrical performances. The Imdalind Series is her first stint into the world of literary writing. Rebecca is a mother to two, and wife to her best friend of 14 years. She was born and raised in the mountains of Salt Lake City, and hasn’t found the desire to leave yet. Her days are spent writing, running, and enjoying life with her amazing family.


Author Interview

1. I read the bio you have posted on your webpage. Such a touching story about you and your grandparents! How did you possibly write Kiss of Fire in 18 days? Thank you. It was such a great surprise to give him a book for his birthday. It’s all he talks about anymore. I will be honest with you. I sat down, and quite literally didn’t take my fingers off the keyboard for two weeks. The story just exploded out of me. My kids had a two week movie fest and ate nothing but ramen noodles and mac and cheese (okay, not really – but the crock pot was defiantly my best friend). I thought it was a fluke, but the same thing happened with the next two books, I guess after having been stuck in my head for so long they couldn’t wait to get out either.


2. After writing a rough draft, what is your process? Do you edit immediately or give it a little time? Beta Readers. After the first draft is done I do a quick once over and then send it to three sets of beta reads. They pick it apart and send back their critiques. In between each beta reader set I do more edits, so by the end it is pretty polished. I then send it through two editors. It’s probably a bit more involved than it needs to be, but I really want to present my work with the best face possible.


3. Any writing quirks you have? I have a very heavy theatre background, and because of that I am a bit more of a method writer then I need to be. All through Kiss of Fire I wore hoodies and listened to Styx. With Eyes of Ember I started running more (St. Bernard’s are not very good running companions) and stopped eating meat. I am working on something else right now that has me desperate to cut my hair unnaturally short.


4. Do you still write scripts? Any thoughts to writing a screenplay of Kiss of Fire? I do still write scripts a bit, when I get requests to do so. Kiss of Fire came from a story I had in my head for some time that I could never put into script form simply because it doesn’t translate to a stage production very well. I have quite a few more stories that are in the ‘to write’ pile that will end up being novels for that same reason.


5. Do you have the entire Imdalind series already written or just planned out? As of right this very moment Eyes of Ember (book 2), Scorched Treachery (book 3), and Burnt Devotion (book 4) are in some semblance of completion. The last book(s) are planned out, but not written as of yet.


6. What is your favorite line in Kiss of Fire? That’s a hard one to answer without needing a huge spoiler alert! So, let’s go for Romance: “You’re beautiful.” His hands trailed down my arms, their warmth leaving a trail of goose bumps behind them. He intertwined his fingers with mine for a brief second before leaning down, his lips brushing against my hair.
“Your eyes, they are just like diamonds.”


7. Why do you write in the genre you write? I just write the stories in my head. I started with Kiss of Fire (Paranormal Romance) because it was based off of a story I used to tell my grandmother, and since the book was for her it fit. I have quite a few more stories begging to be written down but they bounce all over the place: New Adult, Young Adult Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Horror. We will have to see which ones translate to paper well, but so far so good.


8. Any advice for writers, young and old? Don’t be afraid to share the stories in your head. Someone out there may just be waiting to hear it. I kept mine locked up for decades. I never should have been scared to share them.
Thanks for answering these questions for me, Rebecca!
Thanks for having me! It was a lot of fun!


Twitter: @RebEthington

Goodreads

Amazon Author

Amazon Buy

Barnes and Noble
Website
Facebook
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKgbEwIzxU&feature=youtu.be

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)